How do people even manage to pull out such crime when the SAPS are around?. R500 million worth cocaine was busted in Durban yesterday.
This was no ordinary drug job, whoever managed to pull this score was a complete mastermind.
The Hawks seized a consignment of cocaine worth R500 million from a container at the Durban harbour last month.
Hawks spokesperson Colonel Katlego Mogale said the massive amount of cocaine was found in a shipping container carrying truck parts destined for Scania South Africa, a truck sales company.
Mogale said initial investigations revealed that the consignment would have been a “rip on, rip off” process in which the cocaine would be removed from the container clandestinely and the container seal immediately replaced
A subsequent search was conducted and, upon searching the container, several black canvas bags wrapped in plastic were found at the entrance of the container. Upon further investigation, it was established that the container was packed with cocaine bricks contained in the black canvas bags. A duplicate container seal was also found inside the container. The balance of the goods in the container were established to be truck cabs destined for the consignee (Scania SA),” Mogale said in a statement.
Investigators found 999 bricks of cocaine weighing 1 000 kg, with a street value of R500 million. No arrests have been made.
Mogale said at least four tons of cocaine have been seized in South Africa since March. Most of the drug hauls were destined for international markets, and at least 20% meant for the domestic market and the payment of drug traffickers.
The latest drug haul is believed to be linked to previous seizures where narcotics worth millions of rands were found, she said.
“This case is believed to be linked to a similar drug seizure on 9 July 2021, of 715 kg in Aeroton, Johannesburg, Gauteng, coming from Durban Port, also disguised as Scania truck parts. During the seizure of the said consignment, four suspects were arrested, including three police officials. Investigations have revealed that the origin of all of these consignments is the Port of Santos in Brazil,” Mogale said.
- SASSA R624 PER CHILD INCREASE : HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT
- SASSA Lists Reasons Why You Are Declined
- SRD : Why You Are Declined After Reconsideration And What To Do To Get Approved
- SASSA Worried High Volume Of Applications Will Freeze Systems.
- R700 Per Child Should Be The New Grant Amount
- R350 Update : YOU CAN NOW COLLECT YOUR SRD GRANT AT PNP OR BOXER STORES
- Do This To Apply For Reconsideration Successfully
- The government will give people job seekers allowance and R350
- R350 Grants Halted As SASSA Waits For R26.7Billion Approval From Parliament